- About the Association
- Standing Committees
- Other Committees
- Members and Firms
The MAA is governed by a Council comprised of:
- Eight (8) MAA Registered Members residing in the Province of Manitoba, elected for a four-year term (two elected each year).
- Two (2) MAA Interns residing in the Province of Manitoba, elected for a two-year term (one elected each year).
- Two (2) public representatives appointed by the Lieutenant-Governor of Manitoba.
- One (1) staff member of the University of Manitoba's Faculty of Architecture who is a MAA Registered Member, appointed by the Council in consultation with the Dean of the Faculty. This Council position is appointed for a two-year term and can be appointed for consecutive terms.
There is also provision for:
- A Registered Member to serve a fifth year on Council in the office of President.
- The immediate Past-President of the MAA as an ex-officio member to Council.
- One student representative as a non-voting observer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Control and manage the affairs and business of the MAA, including any real or personal property.
- Elect or appoint officers of the MAA.
- Approve and grant memberships in the MAA.
- Approve and grant Certificates of Approval to corporations to practice architecture.
- Pass, amend, repeal or re-enact MAA By-Laws (Note: Changes to By-Laws are subject to a 2/3 majority vote of the Registered Members at the Annual or Special General Meeting called for that purpose).
- Establish application fees, annual dues and levies to members.
- Appoint members to MAA Standing Committees.
- Appoint members to represent the MAA to other organizations or act in an advisory capacity on matters affecting the interests of the architectural profession.
- Appoint and delegate responsibilities and authority to ad hoc committees to address matters of relevance to the MAA that may arise.
- Employ and remunerate any persons required to carry on the work of the MAA.
- Accept donations or purchase books, periodicals, tapes, journals, etc. for a library for use by members of the MAA.
Current Council Members
Second Vice-President & Treasurer
University of Manitoba Representative
Pamela Gunn Matson