- Become a MAA Member
- Register a Practice
- Obtain a Temporary Licence
How To Register A Practice
The MAA regulates individuals and legal entities involved in the practice of architecture in Manitoba. Registration of an architectural or joint architectural and engineering (A/E) practice with the MAA is required if and while individuals are:
- Involved in the practice of architecture in the Province of Manitoba, and/or
- Representing themselves as an architectural or joint A/E firm in the Province of Manitoba, regardless of what form of service might be delivered.
An architectural or joint A/E practice that is registered in Manitoba must reflect the manner in which the practice is being conducted in Manitoba.
The requirement extends to:
- The provision of any consulting service which falls within the planning or review of the erection, enlargement, or alteration of buildings requiring by law the involvement of architects (i.e., schematic design only).
- The provision of any service which falls within the planning or review of the erection, enlargement, or alteration of any building, regardless of scale, once the individual is a MAA Registered Member (i.e., single family residential projects).
- Architectural Sole Proprietorship
- Architectural Partnership
- Architectural Corporation
- Architectural Partnership of Corporations
- Joint A/E Partnership
- Joint A/E Corporation