Registered Members (Retired)

Council may admit as a Registered Member (Retired) any individual who has retired from the practice of architecture and who has tendered to Council his/her resignation as a Registered Member.


Registered Members (Retired) are entitled to:

  • Use the title "Architect (Retired)" or the initials "M.A.A. (Retired)" after his/her name.
  • Attend the Annual General Meeting and Special General Meetings, except those designated by vote as open to Registered Members only.
  • Receive the MAA electronic bulletin and other correspondence to the membership from the MAA.


A written request for admission as a Registered Member (Retired) must be submitted to the MAA with proof of eligibility (i.e., appropriate resignation from Registered Membership). Click here for a copy of instructions for the resignation process.